This is the amp that started it all. The Swart Amplifier Co Space Tone 6V6se arose out of musician/recording engineer Michael Swart's attempt to get the most tone and soul from a small, easily manageable package for home/studio use. 5w of pure Class A tone with a breakup and natural tube distortion that is unequaled in modern amplification. Will play 6V6 and 6L6 and is Cathode Biased, so no biasing hassle. The ST-6V6se is now housed in an excellent finger-jointed cabinet covered with Lacquered TWEED. It's an instant Classic & Michael Swart favorite. Simply put, this is a KILLER amplifier. This circuit is the heart of Swart Amps: It's all about The Tone.
Swart Amplifiers Space Tone St-6v6se Features:
- 5W CLASS A ~ Even Order Harmonics - BIG TONE!
- Single-Ended Output - Zero Negative Feedback
- 100% Tube Circuit - Valve Rectifier - No SS diodes!
- 3dB Feedback/Compression Switch
- Point to Point Hand Wired Circuit
- Cathode Biased (no need to bias)
- Cloth Hook-Up Wire
- JJ 12AX7 - JJ 6V6GT - JJ GZ-34 (stock) or NOS 5Y3 Rectifier
- Heaters referenced to ground
- Swart Amplifiers employ Star Grounding
- 4 ohm 1/4" Out - Drive other Speaker/Cabinet
- Switchcraft 1/4 inch input and output
- CTS Potentiometers
- Fuse Protected
- Speaker: Weber Ceramic 8"(Best BASS) ~ 4 ohm
- Finger-Jointed Pine Cab ~ Beautiful Lacquered TWEED