Designed in conjunction with guitarist Greg V, this is the no holds barred answer to the professional musician's need for an AST built for the road but without any loss in Swart style and élan. Introducing the AST PRO, which offers everything the AST is famous for, plus the following mods:
- Deeper Cab w/Recessed Chassis for Protection
- Chassis Elevated to accommodate Larger Speaker
- Celestion Creamback
- Rear Panel w/Switchable External Out/In & Enlarged Port
NEW! Rear Panel now includes Night Light Input!
- Dark Lacquer w/Dual Piping & contrasting Light Grill
- Extra Large Rubber Feet for Vibration/Protection
- 15 1/2" W x 10 1/8" D X 18 7/8" H ~ Weight @ 31lbs
This amplifier has 20w of twin 6V6 power in high Class A biased AB and brings some of the most soulful, rich, near three-dimensional tone you have ever heard. This has to be one of the most expressive amplifiers made to our knowledge, and we've tried more than a few. TUBE REVERB and TUBE TREMOLO, something virtually nonexistent in today's marketplace, is just part of the picture. Includes a 12" Custom British Vintage Series BV-25m that screams TONE with body and soul; This amp has excellent breakup (wait till you hear the samples). This all new circuit is housed in a lacquered TWEED pine cab with dark Tweed panels. This amp is in its own league.
Swart Amplifiers Atomic Space Tone Features:
- The AC is cleaned and rectified by the reliable JJ 5AR4, this a very robust tube providing excellent sonics due to the total lack of solid-state circuits in the rectification stage (SS rectification leads to a more hard/harsh tone and slams the tubes on power-up causing excess tube wear). A heavy duty, JJ 500V Surface mount capacitor is the mains filtering device.
- Powered by Twin EH 6v6's putting out 18-22 cathode biased Watts; the twin 6V6s seem to really put out an amazing mixture of soul~tone. We love this combo! (You can also sub 6L6s for a bit more headroom due to the extra beefy Heyboer Power Transformer,
- A 12AX7 does duty as the driver and bias regulated Tremolo. Ever heard tube tremolo? You will now. Simply put, if you're a tremolo fan, you won't go back.
- Reverb is all tube. Tube Reverb is the only way to go and our implementation leaves the competition sounding two-dimensional.
- The first preamp tube is another dedicated rocking 12AX7 to drive this beast to Mount St. Helens and back. Our whole driver/preamp circuit has been optimized from months of testing. The AST sings like no other.