The Bitmap is a bitcrusher with fractional bit reduction and sample rate modulation. A brand new bit crushing algorithm adds the warmth and grit of classic samplers, while reducing your signal from 24 bits down to 1 bit. An integrated noise gate is tuned to provide maximum sustain without sputtering on staccato notes. Fractional bit reduction provides smooth changes and a broader range of sounds. Input and output gain controls work with all input signals and give you saturated distortion or dying battery fuzz sounds.
Sample rate reduction creates inharmonic overtones and aliasing distortion. Subtle reduction adds sizzle to drums and high-end buzz to guitars. Use extreme settings for 8-bit video game sounds. Tune to the root or 5th to twist scales into inharmonic melodies. It can also do sample-and-hold sounds to cover "analog bitcrusher" territory.
Sample rate modulation adds subtle inharmonic motion or morphs your guitar into entirely new textures. Triangle, square, or random modulation are available.
The Bitmap works with guitar, bass, synthesizers, drum machines, and other instruments or line level sources.
Red Panda RPL-103 Bitmap Bitcrusher Features:
- Fractional bit reduction
- Sample-rate modulation
- Expression pedal input for sample rate (CV-compatible)
- Blend control to maintain bass or add subtle crushing
- Input gain switch to accommodate single or dual coil pickups and line-level signals
- Output level control for consistent volume, can also provide extra boost
- 3 color screen printed enclosure
- Soft-touch knobs
- True bypass
- Made in USA, from PCB to final assembly (enclosure made in Canada)