Our new signal junction box JB-41S/JB-82S is now available with improved user-friendliness.
Free The Tone proudly releases the “JB-41S/JB-82S” with improved user-friendliness as the successor to the JB-41/JB-82 that has made “signal junction boxes” popular. With this renewal, the connection from the instrument to the INPUT jack can be selected to be on either of the two sides of the box (with the previous model, this connection was fixed to one side of the box). Furthermore, the JB-41S can support one stereo signal and the JB-82S can support two stereo signals. The new junction boxes can handle a balanced audio signal or an amplifier control signal connection via a stereo plug. This signal junction box has been made by Free The Tone as a custom product for some time and a great many musicians use this product on their pedalboards or in their racks. To provide highest sound quality and user-friendliness, Free The Tone makes full use of its expertise and know-how gained from its experience of more than 10 years in designing and building custom products.
Why Are Signal Junction Boxes Required?
The following merits can be obtained by concentrating pedal board inputs and outputs at one point:
- Wiring between the devices is simplified and setup time can be shortened.
- Damage to cables and plugs can be reduced by using a junction box as an interface rather than connecting cables directly to effect units or similar devices packed in a narrow space within a pedalboard.
Changes from Previous Model (JB-41/JB-82)
- The INPUT jack previously fixed on one side of the box can be placed on either side.
- Terminal 4 (8) now changed to support stereo (TRS). This allows you to connect an amplifier channel switching control signal via a stereo plug.
- DIN 5-pin connector has been changed to DIN 7-pin connector: you can use a 5-pin (for MIDI signal) or 7-pin (for ARC-3 LINK) connector.
- Terminals: For audio lines = 3 x monaural phone jack, 1 x stereo phone jack, For MIDI/ARC-3 LINK = 1 x DIN 7-pin connector
- Dimensions: (W x D x H, incl. protrusions such as jacks): 120 x 77 x 56 mm (4.72 x 3.03 x 2.20 inches)
- Weight:approx. 370 g (0.82 lbs)