EF-X2 Tape Echo with Spring Reverb, DSP Reverb / Chorus.
Now ships with vintage EP Guitar Pre-amp, Real Spring Reverb and DSP Digital Reverb (with a switch to switch between DSP Reverb & DSP Chorus).
Used live and/or in the studio by:
Rick Simpson (Producer)
Neil Finn (Crowded House, Fleetwood Mac)
Joji Malani (Gang Of Youths)
The Dandy Warhols
A classic effect, built for modern users - the EF-X2 couples the sounds you know and love, with features and reliability unimaginable in the past. In designing the EF-X2, the team here at Echo Fix began with the knowledge and insight gained from our work as the world's foremost experts in spare parts, servicing and repairing vintage tape echo units. Put simply, we know how tape echos should sound and operate.
We spent three years prototyping, rigorously testing, and meticulously designing in secret - while accounting for every possible application. We couldn't find a new production motor good enough so we made our own and invested in the latest high tech machinery to custom balance them in house here at Echo Fix. We could not find tape heads that sounded good enough so we had custom tape heads manufactured to our exact specs.
One of the other important things when it comes to reliable tape echo operation is the tape loop. We thoroughly researched tape and have a tape formulation that not only lasts a very long time but sounds incredible as well, that is how far we were willing to go to make the EF-X2 reliable and sound great!
What we have built is a warm sounding tape echo with a modern feature set that is at home in the professional recording studio, live guitar rig, bedroom production setup or in any other context you can dream up, we cannot wait for the EF-X2 to become an integral part of your creative process.
- Three front panel colour options - Blue, Black and Vintage Green.
- Four core functions - Tape echo, Real Spring Reverb, DSP Reverb/Chorus and Preamp.
- Vintage FET EP Guitar Preamp (featured on Andy's Demos) and Modern FET Line Input Pre-amp (both with 1Meg Impedance perfect for guitar. This gives you two pre-amp tones. Allows use of an ABY pedal (not included) to switch between both pre-amps.
- DSP Reverb and Spring Reverb blend setting. Also allows Spring Reverb and Chorus blend.
- Switch that converts the reverb section to chorus. This will allow you to switch back and forth from Reverb to Chorus effect.
- Independent inputs (and level controls) for Instrument-level and Line-level applications, plus balanced input and output at rear.
- Three echo playback heads, and a Sound On Sound Head giving 14 Head combination Settings in total.
- Adjust the echo's Time and Feedback with Control Voltages (CV 0-5 volts) and compatible Expression Pedals.
- Bass and Treble control of the echo signal.
- Motor ON/Switch for tape slow down effect - or to conserve tape when only using the EF-X2's reverb or preamp.
- Mute the reverb or echo signal with a dual foot switch pedal.
- Comes with a worldwide-compatible, 100 - 240v power supply (no step-down or other transformers required).
- Built tough to last, by someone who's repaired and upgraded more tape echo units than you can possibly imagine!
- 2 Years Warranty for all pre-sale purchases with peace of mind that this is made by a company that has been operating for over 10 years specialising in tape echo repair and spare parts.
- High quality scratch resistant front panel.
Head Mode Settings
- 2 Tape loops supplied with each unit.
Mode 1 - Head 1
Mode 2 - Head 2
Mode 3 - Head 3
Mode 4 - Head 1 + 2
Mode 5 - Head 2 + 3
Mode 6 - Head 1 + 3
Mode 7 - Head 1 + 2 + 3
Sound On Sound is another head that can be switched on over the top of all the head mode settings.
"During recording I am usually put off using tape echo units as I don't want to fall in love with a sound that I will not be able to replicate on tour. The EF-X2 enables me to record and tour with an amazing, consistent sound due to the quality and sturdiness of the design and construction."
JOJI MALANI - GANG OF YOUTHS