At its core The Loop Blender (sometimes called the “Bloop”) is a very simple machine. The Loop Blender started as a custom order for bassist Ron Petzke from instrumental doom band Bongripper. Ron needed a pedal that allowed him to mix in just the right amount of clean low-end into his heavily distorted tone. He wasn’t lacking for lows in his sound. He was lacking in clarity in a dense mix. We really liked the idea so Jeff made one for himself and he was blown away with the clarity the Loop Blender brought to his bass rig.
SND: The send jack for the loop. This output is buffered and is a parallel full range signal that matches your input signal.
RTN: The return jack of the loop which feeds an active mixer to allow it to be blended with the clean low signal.
IN: Where you plug your bass in.
OUT: Where you plug your amp in.
Clean Low: Controls the amount of clean lows mixed with the loop. Roll-off starts at about 1kHz.
Phase: This switch changes the polarity of the signal in the loop to avoid noticeable phase cancellations.
1. As a True Bypass Loop Pedal: Place the effect (or effects) you want to bypass between the “SND” and “RTN” jacks (also called the “Loop”).
2. As a Tooberizer: Put a lighthearted guitar friendly overdrive in the loop. Adjust the Clean low and Phase to taste. This gives the similar sort of grit and punch I get when slamming my tube amps.
3. As a Fuzz Tamer: Similar to the “Tooberizer” but you use a thick heavy gated square waving unadulterated fuzz and you adjust the Clean Low to bring back some clarity to your live sound.
4. As a Thickerizer: Place a patch cable between the SND and RTN jacks. Flip the Phase switch in the up position and turn the Clean Low up. This will add additional fundamental to your low notes.
5. As a Roots/Dub Machine: This simplest setup there is. Bass into “IN”. Amp into “OUT”. Nothing in the Loop. Sounds just like rolling down the tone knob on your guitar or bass.
Use only 9VDC 2.1mm center negative (boss-style) power adapters. Isolated pedal specific power supplies are highly recommended. Damnation Audio pedals are designed for maximum headroom and ideal performance with a 9V supply. Going above 9VDC will damage your pedal and void any warranties. Damnation Audio pedals do not accept 9V batteries.
Approximately 2 1/2” x 4 5/8” x 2 1/4”
“ANY BASS PLAYER WHO USES PEDALS SHOULD SERIOUSLY SCOPE OUT A LOOP BLENDER, IT’S SO MUCH BETTER THAN ANY NORMAL CLEAN BLEND. TOTAL GAME CHANGER.”