Preamp circuit is switchable between two amps: RED and GREEN.
RED mode is a British classic style preamp (1073) and GREEN is an American vintage style preamp (discrete opamp). Both preamps have unique sonic textures known as a best classical sound preamps.
Carnhill transformers are responsible for matching impedance and de/symmetrization circuits. Preamp is loaded with two PADs: IN 20dB PAD and OUT 8dB PAD which allows to saturate both preamp and output transformer.
Additionally DUE-PRE has front input XLR Combo socket which can be used in both ways: as a mic input and as a instrumental input. Instrumental input is a high impedance input of which signal feeds input transformer through FET transistor. Module can draw up to 5W of power.
- High quality Grayhill gain switch
- 64dB of gain (preamps are matched with 0.5dB accuracy)
- Canrhill in/out transformers
- 20dB input PAD
- 8dB output PAD (allowing saturation of both preamp and transformer)
- Polarity Reverse switch
- +48V phantom power
- Fornt autosense XLR mic
- Hiz Fet DI front input (the signal passes through the input transformer)
- LED VU meter
- Input impedance: 1200ohm
- Output impedance: 600ohm
- Max. output level: RED (+27dBu); GREEN (+23dBu)
- Min THD ratio: 0.005%
- Total gain: 64dB
- Power: up to 5W