When we released our original Tone King Imperial combo 20 years ago, we felt we had made one of the best-sounding American-voiced amps on the market. But... thanks to the experience and knowledge that two decades of amp building offers, we knew we could do better. Tone King is proud to offer the new and improved Imperial MKII. Everything you know and love about the original is still there. The spanky blackface-style voice, the gritty tweed tones, all of it; however, the MKII takes it all a few steps further. Its two channels have been tuned for better-sounding overdrive, a smoother top end, and more harmonic complexity. The amp's vintage-voiced tube reverb and tremolo will cause you to question whether you’re actually playing a vintage amp. Thanks to the Imperial MKII’s onboard Ironman II power attenuator, you can get all of these tube-driven tones at any volume. When your company is built upon the legacy of an amp like the Imperial, you’d better be sure you honor your past while always improving. With the Imperial MKII, we did.
20 years of improvement
If you love the sound and feel of the original design, you absolutely have to try our Tone King Imperial MKII. Springboarding off of the tones that made the original our flagship amp, we included a few tonal adjustments and additions that are sure to make the MKII your new go-to tube amp.
- Handwired board construction improves midrange heft while improving the highs
- Rhythm channel tuned for improved overdrive with a smoother sound
- Lead channel’s Mid-Bite control tightens the low end for added punch and cut
Ironman II reactive attenuation
We included our Ironman II power attenuator aboard the Imperial MKII for even more flexibility. Now you can bring your Imperial’s maxed tube tones to band- or home-friendly levels. With our reactive load technology, your amp with sound and respond the same at any volume.
- 6-step attenuation is great in a variety of situations
- Reactive load technology maintains the feel and response of your guitar amplifier
- Tunable voice and levels with HF Compensation and Rhythm channel Bypass switches
Onboard spring reverb and tremolo
Spring reverb and bias-modulated tremolo are two sounds that define the tone of many vintage American-voiced combo amps. We think, with its tube-driven circuits and old-school control, you’ll find the Imperial MKII gloriously re-creates those thick, splashing, pulsating tones.
Bias modulation tremolo circuit delivers vintage-style pulse
- Tube driven spring reverb with wide-ranging control
- Effects carefully tuned to balance across the two channels
All in the fine details:
The Imperial MK II boasts a bevy of features not found on most amplifiers including:
- Custom-voiced 12” Eminence speaker
- Included 2-button footswitch for Reverb and Channel
- Baltic Birch USA construction
- Tubes: 2 x 6V6, 4 x 12AX7, 1 x 12AT7 & 1 x 5AR4
Dimensions: 10.5"(L) x 22.5"(W) x 20.5"(H)
Weight: 39 lbs.