The Rack Gizmo is the successor to our popular RG-16 audio loop and function switcher. It is designed to take control of your rig (up to 8 pedals or other effects, and up to 2 amplifiers) and integrate them so that everything can be controlled from one MIDI controller - no more pedal tap dance!
We've taken the same basic function set - 8 true-bypass audio loops and 8 function switches - and added some new features: An improved version of our audio buffer, the Click Stopper circuit, TRS stereo capability on the last four audio loops, and a front panel XLR MIDI jack. These new features combine to make the best true-bypass audio loop switcher even better!
- 8 audio loops for effect switching (Loops 1-4 internally wired in series, Loops 5-8 are independent)
- Loops 5-8 can be used with mono or stereo effects. (Stereo effects require TRS (tip-ring-sleeve) connections)
- The Rack Gizmo can be special ordered with all 8 loops stereo-capable
- Bypassable high headroom audio buffer, can be positioned at any insert point between loops with patch cables
- Two 8-pin DIN jacks for amp control. Uses the same interface cables as the Amp Gizmo and Mini Amp Gizmo
- 256 presets, arranged in two banks of 128
- Responds to MIDI Program Change and Continuous Controller messages
- Rear panel MIDI In and MIDI Out/Thru jacks, and front panel MIDI jack (6-pin female XLR)
- Can provide phantom power through the MIDI In jack. (12VDC, over pins 6&7 of a 7-pin MIDI cable)
- Dimensions: 19 x 7.25 x 1.75 inches (48.3 x 18.5 x 4.5 cm)
- Weight: 4lb, 9oz (2.1 kg)
- Power requirements: 12VDC @ 500mA, center negative or positive, 2.1mm ID / 5.5mm OD barrel connector
Use the Rack Gizmo to move your valuable pedals off the floor and into a rack, out of harm's way. All you need at the front of the stage is a MIDI foot controller. 8 true-bypass audio loops allow you to preserve your guitar's tone. Unused effects - and the cables that connect them - are switched completely out of your signal path. Relay-based switching offers the most transparent sounding audio switching available.
The built-in audio buffer improves tone even further, reducing level and treble loss from long cable runs.
The Click Stopper™ circuit insures quiet switching.
Controls the channel switching (and other footswitchable features) of one or two amps
Compatibility with all MIDI controllers
Easy to program and use