This is a digital reverb mini-pedal, simple to use, but giving a whole selection of unique – and very useful – new sounds. It’s based around an FV-1 chip, and comes with an Igor expression pad for real-time control. ‘Size’ adjusts the length of the effect, and ‘Level’ the amount of it you hear (the original guitar signal is always present).
The Reverb-X really comes into its own in how it can deal with the reverb. It’s based on the excitement of plugging an overdrive pedal after a reverb pedal; it’s ‘wrong’, but everything you play sounds huge and epic, exaggerated and full of texture and detail… Here, an overdrive circuit – after the reverb – can be blended in via the ‘Distn’ knob. Have it totally clean, a bit gritty, quite rough, or dial in a fully burnt-out glow.
At all times, however, the input signal is unaffected; if you already use an overdrive pedal, the Reverb-X can add a whole new dimension of distortion to your sound! If your tone is clean however, it stays clean – no matter how much distorted reverb you dial in.
Usually though, in this situation when you stop playing, the hum from your cable alone would be as loud as the notes you were playing! So you have to have a noise gate involved…
This is always on, either before the reverb and distortion circuits, unobtrusively silencing hums and buzzes when you’re not playing. Switch in the ‘Gate’ button though, and this changes to post reverb and distortion. It opens when you play, and closes hard when you stop, totally cutting off any reverb that’s happening – giving an incredibly dramatic and original effect. Sure, it’s a gated reverb, but play a long riff and gate stays open, giving the full reverberation as set by the ‘Size’ knob. Stop playing and the whole thing is shut down, giving a tight control over it – like a hard-edited ‘sample’.
The ‘input’ control and ‘Overload’ LED insure that the output is always as loud – and clean (if desired) – as possible. The ‘Out’ knob has plenty of spare output volume on tap.
Plug in the Igor expression pad and you get no reverb at all. However as you start to lean on it the signal gets diverted to the waiting reverb pathway, and a bloom of reverberation grows behind whatever notes you’re playing. Take your foot off of Igor and you go back to fully dry – but the reverb decays on its own.
Or have the ‘Gate’ switch in, and the added reverb is cut short, like some twisted dub-meister at the controls, messing with everyone’s depth perception….
The two types of reverb available are set to cover the widest range of musical situations as possible. The Reverb-X is an incredibly flexible, easy-to-use, and inspiring effect – all in a deeply cute package!
- DIGITAL REVERB CUSTOM MINI-PEDAL WITH UP TO 6 SECONDS OF REVERBERATION TIME
- INCLUDES AN IGOR PRESSURE PAD CONTROLLER FOR REAL-TIME CONTROL!
- BLEND IN ANY AMOUNT OF DISTORTED REVERB FOR SMOULDERING ATMOSPHERICS…
- AMAZING ‘EDITED GUITAR SAMPLE’ SIMULATION!
- BRIGHT AND IMMEDIATE SPARKLE-VERB, OR DARK AND BROODING PRE-DELAYED AMBIENCE
- EFFECTS ‘SEND’ FUNCTION ALLOWS SOUNDS TO REVERB AWAY WHILE YOU CARRY ON PLAYING DRY
- DOES CLEAN BRIGHT REVERB, ‘LIVE BOOTLEG’ REVERB, 80’S GATED REVERB, SPACEROCK OVERLOAD REVERB…
- BUILT-IN NOISE GATE KEEPS UNWANTED HUMS AND BUZZES TO A MINIMUM
- INPUT CONTROL AND INDICATOR FOR OPTIMUM SIGNAL-TO-NOISE
- DEEPLY COOL RAINGER FX CUSTOM MINI-PEDAL STEEL ENCLOSURE
- NO SIDE SOCKETS AT ALL – THEY’RE ALL TOP END-MOUNTED! AMAZING!