Based on a discrete transistor opamp from an early 70's recording console, the Corsair boasts a dynamic response and distortion characteristics not found in typical IC based drives. Forgoing clipping diodes, all of the tone and color is created by the saturation of the transistors that compose the opamp. This allows for greater dynamics and a more natural playing experience.
The Corsair offers tones from refined and pristine boost, dynamic and thick overdrive, up to a crunchy lead with a hot high end. Using the filter knob, players can dial back the high end and retain a lush, powerful midrange. The bass response is deep and reminiscent of a vintage preamp, and there is an internal switch to add even more low end for bass and synths. For the treble folks just bring the gain down and the tone up for a bright, dry treble boost. The Corsair sounds wonderful overdriving preamps and works great before a fuzz pedal for extra sustain and weight.
- Add vintage flavor and distortion to any guitar or bass.
- Unique sound and dynamic feel.
- Discrete Opamp composed of hand picked transistors
- Internal voltage doubler runs the Corsair at 18v (+/-9v)
- Internal switch for extended low frequency response.
- High quality components: Dale mil spec resistors and carbon composition resistors. Vishay/ERO, Panasonic, Nichicon KW capacitors. CDE mica and WIMA metalized paper capacitors. Motorola NOS and Central Transistors.
- Pure Tone 1/4” jacks, Lumberg DC jack
- Controls for Gain, Tone, Filter, and Output