Welcome to the DLS Reckless Driver Distortion/Overdrive. “It’s an Overdrive when you want it, and a Reckless Distortion when you need it!” The beauty of this effect is that by using the clean Mix and Gain controls, you can set your tone clean with a full warm tube sound, or rich Overdriven tones, or heavy biting “Reckless” distortion for leads, and anything in between! The Attack switch is a subtle control that changes the edge and brightness, and can even make solid state sound like a tube amp! Couple this with extra wide, dynamic Bass and Treble controls, plus separate Normal and Boost Channels, and you end up with one powerful effect!
DLS Effects Reckless Drive Overdrive Features:
- Normal Channel with its own VOLUME, GAIN, and MIX pots to achieve from clean to overdriven or distortion tones. (the Normal volume drives the Boost channel. This makes the boost volume relative to the normal volume..... similar to a master volume)
- Boost Channel with its own VOLUME, GAIN, and MIX pots to achieve from clean to overdriven or distortion tones (Normal channel drives into Boost channel) **Warning: this channel can get “Reckless!!
- Boost Switch: Switches between Normal and Boost channels on the fly, even if the effect is bypassed (Off)
- Bass control: Full range bass with dynamic response
- Treble control: Wide range treble with dynamic response
- Attack switch: when high attack (switch right), there is slightly more attack and brightness. This subtle change makes tube amps a hair more aggressive & brighter, or the edge required to make solid state amp sound like a tube amp! Most noticeable with high GAIN!
- Size: Extremely compact and measures only 3.7”W x 4.7”L x 1.7”H
- Case material: Quality die cast aluminum finished with power coat painting for durable finish.
- Weight: Extremely light and compact, weighing only 1.5 lbs.