The DMC-8D is our largest MIDI controller, combining the comprehensive control of the DMC-6D with two extra buttons for tap tempo and a “favorite” preset. The DMC-8D can fully control up to four connected MIDI devices with preset mapping, tap tempo, expression, bypass, and more. It offers up to 120 presets that combine patches on all of your MIDI devices, a full looper mode for the Strymon Timeline or Line 6 M9 / M13, and preset control of additional devices such as amplifiers or switching systems. The DMC-8D works seamlessly with the Disaster Area DPC-5, DPC-8EZ, or DPC-4EZ, transforming into a full master controller for your MIDI and non-MIDI devices alike.
If you use software sequencers / DAWs such as Ableton Live, Mainstage, etc. we offer a firmware version that can control these applications. The DMC-8D can launch clips, control the transport, send expression to any automatable parameters, and more.
We also offer Elektron Octatrack firmware, which works with the Pickup Machine on the Elektron Octatrack. It allows control of start / rec, sequencer start / stop and lock, next track, previous track, tap tempo, and expression pedal control of the crossfader.
- Dimensions: 10″w x 2″ h x 2.5″ d
- 8-pin DIN MIDI OUT (phantom power compatible)
- USB MIDI + firmware update
- Two 1/4″ expression control input (TRS,) assignable to several destinations including expression and looper level.
[Ableton / DAW Version]
- 20 banks with 6 commands each for launching clips, activating controls, etc. (15 banks in 8-button mode.)
- Separate All Access bank with 6 dedicated commands, available from any other bank (8 commands in 8-button mode.)
- Extender switch input configurable as a dedicated button (same for all modes,) bank down, or as buttons 8-button mode.
- Expression pedal inputs configurable to send MIDI CC 1-127.
- Operates on any MIDI channel 1-16.
- 30 preset banks with 4 presets each, for a total of 120 combined presets.
- Each preset can engage or bypass up to 4 MIDI devices on any available program.
- Strymon Timeline compatible looper control mode – record / overdub, play / stop, undo / redo, pre/post looper location, half speed, and reverse controls.
- Scrolling mode for changing presets on up to four MIDI devices. One additional MIDI device may also be controlled with its own MIDI channel such as a DPC-8EZ.
- Expression inputs send expression to up to five connected devices such as Timeline, Mobius, BigSky, Timefactor, H9, M5, etc.
- Dedicated looper level expression input (assignable to expression for any connected device)
- Dedicated tap tempo switch sends taps to all connected MIDI devices
- Tap tempo button allows latching “freeze” or “infinite” hold for BigSky
- Favorite Switch allows an editable “Favorite” preset for all five connected devices
- MIDI Note Send – each preset sends one MIDI note for triggering clips in Ableton Live, Mainstage, etc.
- Optional Expression Roller may be fitted to right or left side. This is tied internally to Expression A, and the roller is disabled if an expression pedal is plugged into Expression A.
- USB MIDI bridges to DIN MIDI, MIDI sent over USB from a connected host Mac or PC is transmitted to DIN-connected devices. Use this to send MIDI program changes when a new clip is launched.
- Bright blue 4-digit display
- 9VDC or USB powered, 64mA max
- 8-pin MIDI jack for phantom power over MIDI cable, compatible with AxeFx
- Custom firmware available for your specific application, please ask.
DMC-8D and DMC-6D share the same firmware and general functionality.