“What we did for this one was to study the greatest and most legendary bass tones and all the components involved in creating them; amplifier brands, recording techniques, etcetera.
The result is one of a kind experience. In addition to the mandatory Level and Drive knobs you can mix the clean signal in with the Blend knob. However, without any doubt the control that makes this pedal so unique and versatile is the ERA knob: This unique Knob unlocks some of the greatest tones characteristic of Rock & Roll throughout the ages! It interacts brilliantly with the Drive knob in order to recreate everything, from the smooth, warm and naturally compressed tone of the 70's to the aggressive and punchy growl of the 90's, plus everything in between!”
~Doug Castro, CEO & owner
Darkglass Vintage Microtubes Features:
- 4 Knobs for ultimate flexibility while keeping the format light and small
- Level: Controls the level of the Overdriven Signal.
- Blend: Allows to mix exactly how much clean signal you want to mix with the Overdriven.
- Drive: Sets the amount of gain for this pedal. The Vintage Microtubes gets a lot cleaner than the Microtubes B3K, but do not worry; there is still more gain than you’ll probably know what to do with.
- ERA: Interacts beautifully with the Drive knob in order to recreate some of greatest landmarks in rock and roll bass history! This control will take you from funk to punk in no time: dial it down to get some of those warm and mid rangy tones of yore while replicating the subtle compression of tube power amps and tape recorders or crank it up to get the meaner and nastier punchy tones of the 80′s and 90′s.
- The Vintage must be powered with a regulated 9V power supply (center negative). You can also experiment with 12V power supply for extra headroom. For ecological reasons, non of our products will ever again include battery snaps!
- Indestructible Relay True bypass! Still True bypass, except that it won’t break. Ever.
- Original Design featuring Hybrid JFET and CMOS gain stages for a natural dynamic response.