The Black Cat OD-Fuzz is a versatile, two-channel distortion/fuzz box that combines the Black Cat OD-1 with a traditional silicon Fuzz Face in one pedal. Each channel of the OD-Fuzz has its own set of controls with separate LEDs for each side. The two channels can be used separately or together in combination. Each effect has its own distinct sound, but the blend of both channels together will yield an incredibly wide range of tonal possibilities, from slightly overdriven to full-blown fuzz. The controls become highly interactive when both effects are engaged.
The Germanium OD-Fuzz uses two NOS 1960s metal can Germanium transistors in the fuzz channel. It cleans up well when you roll back the volume on the guitar, and does everything that players have come to expect from a good Germanium Fuzz Face. It compliments the OD channel nicely by offering a bit more contrast in tone and texture.
Black Cat Pedals The Germanium OD-FuzzFeatures:
- Durable powder-coat "Holographic Sparkle" finish
- High-quality OP275 dual op-amp for OD channel
- NOS Philips BC-108 Fuzz Face transistors
- Professional glass epoxy double-sided PCB
- 3PDT true-bypass switch and Switchcraft jacks
- Uses 2.1 mm Boss style power jack, or internal 9V battery
- Hand-wired, boutique quality, made in USA
- Two channels can be used independently or together
- Controls are interactive when channels are combined