Flickinger Tone Boxes
The Flickinger Cranky Atom is a JFET overdrive pedal that slings a tweed style to the lush, rich drive tones on tap. Featuring an all transistor design for musical, amp-like gain, the Flickinger Cranky Atom is specifically voiced to yield the tone of a cranked up triode-based amplifier all the way from clean boost to a tweed near-death experience. The 3-way tone stack consists of subtractive (cut only) Bass, Middle, and Treble controls that allow for total tonal control and is removed from the circuit with all controls set full clockwise. The Drive control is labeled in three different areas for a visual representation of how it affects the gain. Halcyon goes from clean to slightly dirty, Caustic produces an array of classic overdrive sounds, and Bedlam gets into the territory that a vintage tweed just can 't touch without exploding. Like all Flickinger Tone Boxes, the Cranky Atom is hand-built and hand-painted in the USA and will allow guitarists to take sweet tweed tone with them to any gig.
Flickinger Cranky Atom Features:
- True-bypass switching with heavy-duty 3PDT push button switch and LED
- Hand-wired construction
- Hand-painted durable aluminum enclosure
- Metal film resistors for low noise operation
- Quality Switchcraft 1/4" jacks
- 9v DC adapter jack with reverse polarity protection
- Gain, Treble, Middle, Bass and Volume controls
- No Op-Amp chips, all JFET and MOSFET transitors for more musical gain.